Our first Arctic Basecamp at Davos took place on 18th January 2017 and was a formal Arctic science summit, bringing business and civil society leaders, politicians, scientists and policy makers together.
‘We know today, with overwhelming evidence, that the stability of the whole planet is reguated by the Arctic and Antarctic’.
– Johan Rockström, Stockholm Resilience Centre
How we built out first Arctic Basecamp…
Why are we here at Davos 2017?
Our blog series for the World Economic Forum on Arctic Science and the Arctic Basecamp:
- We set up an Arctic basecamp at Davos. Here are five reasons why
- Forget the FTSE 500 : the Arctic is the real barometer of global risk
- Something strange is happening with the Arctic sea ice. Here’s what’s going on, and why it matters
- Greenland’s ice sheets are disappearing faster than predicted – here’s why you should care
- The Arctic just had the warmest winter on record. The repercussions will be global
- 5 reasons to care about Arctic ice melt
- 3 industries that will be hit by Arctic change
- 6 charts to help you become an arctic expert
- 3 ways you can save the Arctic ice
Professor Gail Whiteman, Executive Director of Arctic Basecamp
Dr. Jeremy Wilkinson, Chief Science Officer of Arctic Basecamp
Christina Figueres, Former UNFCCC Executive Secretary
Peter Bakker, President and CEO of the WBCSD